Tuesday, November 20, 2012

T-Day Plan


Thanksgiving is coming and I'm panicked about all the food that will surround me. Even now, everywhere I turn, there's a whopper-with-cheese opportunity (whoppertunity) to eat outside the lines.



As T-Day approaches, I have a plan of action.



Fail to plan...plan to fail...



I will bring a base salad to my mom's house with me.



Nothing fancy...just my normal salad base (usually bagged salad 50/50 mix).



I will make a saladification out of what is on the table.



My salad greens base.



Turkey.



Cut up baked sweet potatoes.



Peas.



Pecans.



Salad Dressing, any variety, lightly drizzled.



As someone who recently lost 18 lbs in 10 weeks to make a new lower weight class, I would really hate to gain it all back just to have to lose it all again the next time I compete. If I absolutely HAD to watch what I ate on T-giving, this saladification is what I'd eat in a “medium to high” carb cycling day.



I've come to the conclusion that I have two different choices on the Big Thursday.



1) I will either treat the day like an all out splurge and “go for anything and everything” on the table, or 2) I will saladify the things I CAN eat that will give me the flavor of Thanksgiving without too many calories or carbs.



Both choices have advantages and disadvantages.



Total free-for-all splurging will instantly make me feel great and satisfy my craving to be like the others at my table. I'll be able to eat and eat and eat food that is sweet. Awesome!...but, then, I'll feel tired. Then I'll get the urge to splurge again thanks to those pesky after-carb cravings.



Eating within the lines via saladifcation will give me the greatest sense of satisfaction that I ate food for fuel and will have the best chance to keep my weight at 136. It'll give me the sense of satisfaction that I made it through yet another difficult social setting in which I made a good eating decision. But, it's tough going when everyone around you is eating “normally” for Thanksgiving and you aren't.



If I absolutely HAD to weigh 132 on January 1st, I'd make the correct decision, but my next competition perhaps isn't until June. This is just another test of my willpower to remain black dress ready.



In the end, it's MY choice...as it will be your choice this Thursday. I'll be interested to see what my readers chose to do...keep me posted and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




No comments:

Post a Comment